Thursday, June 7, 2007

We are all looking for that special someone. If only love can be customized as easily as your favorite drink. We will easily find our match. ~Starbucks Coffee

This day is another boring day for me. Well, after waking up at 9.30am and taking my breakfast, i just sat down in front of the television and watched. I really enjoyed watching the National Cheerdancing Competition (I am not sure about the title). I loved their stunts, pyramids and tumblings as well which are rarely done by the cheerdancers of most colleges here in the Philippines. While I was watching those remarkable steps and stunts, I was like 'Wow!'. They were really great and the synchronization was so incredible. I just wish that one day I could have the chance to watch such events in person.

I also watched the game between England and Slovenia on the UEFA European U-21 C'ship. I really do admire England. And even in the World Cup, I used to cheer for England and Brazil. The final score was 5-0 in favor of England. No wonder they are well-known, it is because they play amazingly.

The NBA Finals is fast approaching though until now, I really can't believe that Detroit Pistons was not able to make it to the Finals because they were defeated by the Cavaliers. I know there will be next time but I was disappointed because I did cheer for them during the games. I admit, I seldom watch NBA games and just this vacation I had the interest of watching it so, it is really disappointing knowing that my favorite team was ousted.

From Basketball to Tennis, Rafael Nadal earned the first ticket to the Finals of Roland Garros (French Open) by defeating Moya 6-4, 6-3, 6-0. Rafa is the defending champion of the said event and as a matter of fact, he won 77 consecutive clay court matches. He is indeed great, however, he is not my favorite. On the other hand, my favorite player and number 1 Roger Federer will be battling it out to earn the other ticket to the Finals. He will be playing in the clay court against Davydenko. I am hoping and praying for him to win it. It will be a good game if Roger will win, so that, it will be a re-match between him and Rafa.

Well, it is very obvious that I am a sports-minded person. Yeah, I really do love sports though I don't know how to play some of it. As a matter of fact, I don't know how to play Tennis but I love watching it and the sports itself. Perhaps, it is really fun watching it especially when your favorite player is playing. I love Roger Federer and Maria Sharapova. Being a sporty runs in the family. My mom was an MVP in Volleyball way back High School and College, my tito is a good Basketball player as for my other tito who is a volleyball coach and at the same time, knows a lot of sports. No wonder, I love sports too.