Sunday, March 9, 2008

One day, you'll be surprised to see yourself smiling at the thought of caring for someone so much, who used to be just an ordinary person.

Let's have a recap of my super duper busy week.

We just have received our documents that was misplaced by my professor. There are still a lot of revisions to do and it really sucks big time. After my last class, Ian and I went directly to IIT to ask our adviser, Ms. Felipe about the revisions and to explain to us what are the things that we still need to do for the completeness of our documents. So, she explained to us everything and it ended at around 7pm. So, Ian was not able to attend his last class because he was super late. And knowing his professor, hay. While we were waiting for his PSP, we saw Dyei, Paul and Julius and we asked them to wait for us since they will be going home too. After that, we went home already because we have a lot of things to accomplish knowing that the next day will be our Mock Defense. Puyatan mode. Ian and I slept at around 3pm.

It was our Mock Defense. I wasn't nervous at all. As what our professor have told us, I wore a corporate attire though it was allowed not to. Kuya Jie and I went to school at the same time because we will be meeting Cha. While we were walking towards the school, we saw them. Ian was late, as always. Good thing, the first group presented late. When our turn came, our presentation was okay. I wasn't nervous because our panelist was our adviser. We were so lucky then. After the presentation, she gave us advises on how to make our document a better one. In short, our mock defense was a success.

Jun Lozada came to school but I wasn't able to attend the seminar. Why? Because I was too stupid. Our Theo professor required us to attend the seminar which will also serve as our attendance for the subject. Since I didn't have any idea about the seminar thingy, I ask my friends not to attend and we will just reason out that we are busy doing our pain in the ass thesis. We stayed in the Catwalk with some of my friends who were also there. By the way, Niko and Ian will be having a play on their World Lit class and I envy them. I want to have a play as well. I want to act too. Anyways, a classmate of mine in Theo passed by and we asked them about the seminar. I was so surprised to know that it was Jun Lozada. Well, I should have attended. This day was another puyatan mode because our professor and adviser will be checking the softcopy of the document the next day.

We had our RM meeting for the final instructions. The day was like a no class day because I only attended one subject. I absent myself on the next one and we didn't have classes on Flash and IT Elect for the preparation for the defense on Saturday. I went home early and met my mom at SM San Lazaro to buy an outfit for the D-Day. We strolled for how many hours till I settled down for a top in Celine. I was undecided because there were a lot of corporate outfits to choose from. Anyway, Ian and I were cramming that night. You know, the documents will be passed the next day and take note, we should pass 3 copies of the documents. And that same night, we were still editing and revising. Plus, we had a problem about the bond paper. Actually, we were really hopeless but we finished it. I slept at 4am and it was a record.

I woke up at 7am to find out that my Ian was online also. He was printing our documents already. It was 11am already but I haven't taken my breakfast. So, I took a bath and off I went. I didn't take my lunch and decided to take it at school. When I arrived there, everyone was so busy accomplishing the documents. Laptops were all over and most students were in some computer shops. As for my group, we were not that problematic since our documents were okay already and we just need the signature of our adviser.

I also helped my friends who were still in the process of finishing their documents. It was 6pm and I haven't eaten anything. I, together with Cha, Marco, Ian, Rex and Gian ate somewhere in Maceda St. using Rex's car. That was my first and last meal of the day. It was Rex's mom treat though she wasn't there. After that, we bought ice cream at 7/11 courtesy of Rex again. Then, he dropped us at Tayuman Station. Ian, Gian and Marco rode an LRT while I and Cha rode a jeep. It was another tiring day.

It was the Judgment Day. Oh my! Final Defense. I can't believe that this day came really fast. I woke up early because our scheduled defense was at 11am. I brought my laptop that's why I went there wearing a corporate attire. I looked like a business girl. Some of my friends were there also. And since the defense of the groups prior to us finished late, we expected that we will be having ours late also. We just have some picture taking and laugh trip. I wasn't nervous and I don't know why.

Then the time came. I presented well so as to my thesismates. We did a good job but it wasn't enough. The panelist liked everything except for the subject itself. And it was a major problem. Deliberation came and we felt like it will going to be a Total Revision. Our adviser came out and talked to us, saying kind words to console us because we were hopeless. I was about to cry but I tried not to. We went back inside CL5 and they gave advises and suggestions. They weren't bad after all. They were nice, in fact. But the verdict: Major Revision. It hurts to hear those words but what can I do. Maybe, if they weren't making me laugh, I'm gonna breakdown. We have a lot of things to do. But the concept and idea is the same, we just have to change the subject and the title. But you know, that would be a great problem because we are asked to pass the revised one a week after Tuesday. I think, I will still be having busy days and sleepless nights. I just can't accept the fact that the verdict of the panelists is like that. Hay. Hope everything will be okay.