Tuesday, September 4, 2007

It is wiser to be alone and happy than with somebody who does nothing but to make you feel stupid.

I just came from an overnight Recollection which started yesterday afternoon until this morning. Yesterday, we left the school at around 12:30pm and arrived at St. Michael Retreat House which is located in Antipolo, Rizal at around 3:00pm. Our facilitators were Mr. Ensinas and Ms. Abardo. They first oriented us about the house rules and gave us the keys to our respective rooms. My roommates were Dyei, Joanne, Aleina, Diana and Cent and we occupied Room 10 of the St. Gabriel Building. Afterwards, our snacks were served.

Our speaker was Fr. Encarnacion and I do love his sense of humor. He is indeed witty and intelligent and can surely make everyone laugh with the way he delivers his speech. He knows how to keep us awake despite the tiring trip we had. Actually, my eyes were already closing because I was sleepy but then, because of his humor, I was able to keep myself calm and awake for about 3 hours.

Of all the batches of third years that Letran had in the past, we are the first ones who had an overnight recollection because normally, only Senior students are required to engage on Retreats wherein they have to stay in a retreat house for 3 days and 2 nights. We actually had recollections before but they were only held on the school and so, this is the first time in our college life to have a Recollection outside the school and far from the busy Manila.

I enjoyed the retreat that much and as a matter of fact, I wanted to extend my stay there but I really can’t. When we were there, we just relaxed and have fun and we set aside all the school works, problems and other things that we have in mind. But the sad part is that once we arrived in Manila, all those things that we had set aside just all came back and we couldn’t stop it from coming back.

Thanks to all the staffs of St. Michael retreat house for their warm welcome and for being so accommodating to everybody and most especially for all the yummy and delicious foods that they had served during our stay.

I’m looking forward to another memorable and unforgettable retreat and how I wish that by that time, the Thine Iced is complete. By the way, we were able to see Kath and Eunice there but we were not able to talk to them but instead, we just waved our hands with each other.

Tomorrow will be another busy day for us. I have so many things to accomplish and I really don’t know how to start. A quiz is waiting for us and I haven’t studied the lesson for that. Hopefully, she would allow us to take the quiz next meeting together with those students who have their recollection today and tomorrow.