Saturday, August 4, 2007

The one who is good in taking care of other people is the same person who needs someone to take care of them.

This has been a very tiring day for me. I, together with my mom, Ate Alex and Zachee went to different parts of Metro Manila to fix the things which regards to my debut. Since last Thursday, my mom had given the design of the gown and dress already to the dressmaker, I didn’t bother much about it.

We first went to Recto for the invitations. We dropped by several stalls before we finally settled down. The first stall that we went it was the same stall that Ate Alex and I went the last time we canvassed for invites. But since they are not that accommodating to their customers, we decided to look for another one. Unfortunately, the other stalls that we went in didn’t have the design that I want and also, they couldn’t figure out how it looks like. We dropped in another store and lucky for us, we find one. Though they don't have the design I want but they told us that they will try their best to make invites just like what I want it to be. I just hope they could produce good results.

After that, we rode an FX Taxi going to Mandaluyong for the canvassing of cakes. I really don’t have any idea where my cake should be done. Red Ribbon came first into my mind but the problem is that they can’t accept customized cakes. I mean, they just stick on their designs plus their cakes are overused already. Then, Vienna Cakes came second but their cakes are too expensive. Good thing, Ate Alexis knows a shop that could offer cakes with cheaper prices. The name of the shop is Kitchen Krafts and I already saw some samples and I was amazed with how beautiful their cakes are. They are all well-made and mouth watering yet they suit your budget. I looked on some of the cakes and I saw one that really suits my interest but I made some customization on it. It is a 3-layered cake, by the way.

Our last stop is my venue, Patio Ibarra at Quezon Avenue. We rode a cab going there. We talked to Ate Rovie and we paid for the half of the entire amount. While the three of them (Mom, Ate Alex & Ate Rovie) were talking about the Food Tasting event, Zachee and I went to the third floor to check the other function room. When everything had been settled down, we went home.

I wasn’t able to take pictures of the venue because there was an on-going event during the time that we went there. But I promise, on the Food Tasting event, I will take pictures of it.